Instructions for Presentations
All presenters must be registered by March 27, 2018.
Please note that all oral presentations must be based mainly on video, the lectures must be composed at least 80% of video presentation.
The presentations must not be longer than the time stated in the programme, including discussion.
In order to avoid any problems with your presentation, please make sure it fulfils the necessary needs, and read carefully the instructions below:
How to prepare your presentation
- Please use the Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 or higher (*.ppt) or (*.pptx), to guarantee they will work properly on an on-site PC.
- Please prepare you presentation in 16:9 format
- We recommend you to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT(X) format instead of PPS.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee the quality of Macintosh-based presentations, please check in advance (3 hours before your session starts) their Windows compatibility.
- JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images. GIF, PNG or BMP formats will be accepted as well.
- Images inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. Images that are created at a dpi setting higher than 300 dpi are not necessary and will only increase the file size of your presentation. Try to avoid overloading your presentation with unnecessary images.
- We cannot provide support for embedded videos in your presentation; please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the .WMV and .AVI format should work with no difficulties.
- In case, that your video is not inserted in PowerPoint it is possible to have it in other formats – MPEG4, AVI (codecs: DivX, XviD, h264) or WMV. Suggested bitrate for all mpeg4 based codecs is about 1Mbps with SD PAL resolution (1024x576pix with square pixels, AR: 16/9).
- Videos that require additional reading or projection equipment (e.g., VHS cassettes) will be not accepted.
- Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout / style of your presentation.
- Suggested fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma, Calibri
- If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation, see details below:
• Click on „File“, then „Save As“
• Check the „Tools“ menu and select „Embed True Type Fonts“
Transfer of your presentation and videos
How to save your presentation and videos
Please save your presentation in one of the following disc or medium:
• USB flash disc
• External hard or solid state drive
• Virtual cloud (One drive, Dropbox, Google drive,…)
Save all files associated with your presentation (PowerPoint file, movie/video files, etc.) to one folder/location.
In case you are presenting more than one presentation during the Congress, save different presentations to different folders and name them clearly to avoid on-site misunderstandings and problems.
Always make a backup copy of your presentation and save it on a different portable disc or medium than the original presentation.
DVD-RAM and Blu-ray Disc will not be available.
In case, that your presentation or video is bigger than 512 MB, save it on the USB and be ready to leave it in Speakers Ready Room. You can take it back after your presentation.
How to deliver your presentation and videos on site
- Please come to the Speaker´s Ready Room (meeting room Paris) at least 1 ½ hour before the beginning of your session. In case your speech has been scheduled for morning session please come to the Speakers´ Ready Room one day before the day of your presentation and contact the technician, who will make sure your presentation is ready in the main meeting hall.
- Speakers’ Ready Room (Paris) is located on the same floor as the main room, next to the stairs.
- Opening hours of the Speakers´ Ready Room:
|Thursday, April 26||11:00–17:00|
|Friday, April 27||08:00–17:00|
|Saturday, April 28||08:00–12:00|
* the times maybe subject to change closer to the date of the workshop
- You can either control / move slides during your presentation on your own (by remote control PowerPoint) or you can ask the operating staff to do it on your behalf – in that case, please use words „Next slide“ or „Previous slide“ to instruct the staff.
- Your own computer for the presentation will be accepted only in urgent cases, if you use McIntosh, please come to Speaker´s Ready Room 3 hours before your presentation.
- All speakers are requested to keep the time of their presentation.
- Please see below the list of standard equipment of the meeting room:
• data – video projector
• sound distribution
• remote control with laser pointer
• Wi-Fi will be available in the exhibition foyer
Please note that you will be asked at the time of delivery of your presentation on site to make it available for workshop participants.