Instructions for Presentations
All presenters have to be registered by March 1, 2016!
Please note that all oral presentations must be based mainly on video, the lectures must be composed at least 80% of videopresentations.
The accepted presentations should not be longer than 8 minutes + 2 minutes for discussion, IN TOTAL 10 MINUTES!
How to submit your presentation at the workshop
Please come to the Speaker´s Ready Room (meeting room Paris) at least 1 ½ hour before the beginning of your session. In case your speech has been scheduled for morning session please come to the Speakers’ Ready Room one day before the day of your presentation.
Speakers’ Ready Room (Paris) is located on the same floor as main room, next to the stairs.
Opening hours of the Speakers’ Ready Room:
Thursday, April 21 11:00–17:00
Friday, April 22 08:00–17:00
Saturday, April 23 08:00–12:00
* the times maybe subject to change closer to the date of the workshop
In order to avoid any problems with your presentation, please make sure it fulfils the necessary needs, and read carefully the instructions below:
How to prepare your presentation
- Please use the Microsoft PowerPoint 97-2007, 2010* or 2013* (*.ppt) or (*pptx), to guarantee they will open successfully on an on-site PC.
- Please prepare you presentation in 16:9 format (screen are in format 16:9)
- We recommend you to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT(X) format instead of PPS.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee the quality of Macintosh-based presentations, please check in advance (2 hours before your session starts) their Windows compatibility.
- Please note the Presentation System used during the Congress also support the PDF presentations.
- JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images. GIF, PNG or BMP formats will be accepted as well.
- Images inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. Images that are created at a dpi setting higher than 300 dpi are not necessary and will only increase the file size of your presentation. Try to avoid overloading your presentation with unnecessary images.
- We cannot provide support for embedded videos in your presentation; please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the .WMV and .AVI format should work with no difficulties.
- In case, that your video is not inserted in PowerPoint it is possible to have it in other formats – MPEG4, AVI (codecs: DivX, XviD, h264) or WMV. Suggested bitrate for all mpeg4 based codecs is about 1Mbps with SD PAL resolution (1024x576pix with square pixels, AR: 16/9).
- In case of Full HD videos, please let us know before the meeting and we’ll prepare appropriate player for this video.
- Videos that require additional reading or projection equipment (e.g., VHS cassettes) will be not accepted.
- Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout / style of your presentation.
- Suggested fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma, calibri
- If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation, see details below:
- Click on „File“, then „Save As“
- Check the „Tools“ menu and select „Embed True Type Fonts“
How to save your presentation
- Please save your presentation in one of the following disc or medium:
- CD-ROM (CD-R/RW) , DVD-ROM (DVD±R/RW)
- USB flash disc
- External hard or solid state drive
- Virtual cloud (One drive, Dropbox, Google drive,…)
- Save all files associated with your presentation (PowerPoint file, movie / video files, etc.) to one folder / location.
- In case you are presenting more than one presentation during the Congress, save different presentations to different folders and name them clearly to avoid on-site misunderstandings and problems.
- Always make a backup copy of your presentation and save it on a different portable disc or medium than the original presentation.
- DVD-RAM and Blu-ray Disc will not be available.
- In case, that your presentation or video is bigger than 512 MB, save it on the USB and be ready to leave it in Speakers Ready Room. You can take it back after your presentation.
- When your session is over, your presentation will be deleted from all computers, no copies or backups will be made.
- Your own computer for the presentation will be accepted only in urgent cases, if you use McIntosh, please come to Speaker´s Ready Room 3 hours before your presentation.
- All speakers are requested to keep the time of their presentation.
Standard equipment of the session room
- data - video projector
- sound distribution
- remote control with laser pointer
Wi-Fi / Internet Connection
WiFi will be available in the exhibition foyer.
When your session is over, your presentation or video will be deleted from all computers, no copies or backups will be made without your permission.
ESGO video-library presentation
Please note that you will be asked to agree with publication of your video on the ESGO videolibrary (www.esgo.org) during the meeting.
We would appreciate if you may consider your contribution to this educational activity, opened for ESGO members.